- There are difficulties with focus and attention. Brain mapping has a long history of helping to recognize the symptoms of attention deficit disorder or ADD.
- A person feels like they are in a fog or having problems with zoning out. Brain fog can happen in a child and in an adult.
- Head trauma. Concussions. A history of contact sports. It is important to make sure the electrical activity of the brain is intact. Head trauma is associated with a long term loss of brain activity and function.
- A person has poor emotional control. People with anger issues and a short fuse often have high alpha waves (8-12 hertz) in the brain.
- Depression. We all go through down times in life. When the down times are chronic (lasting more than a week or two) or severe (talk of not wanting to live or self harm), it is important to seek counseling and to get a brain map to find if there is a neurological reason behind the feelings. We often find low alpha waves in these cases.
- Anxiety. Like depression, a small amount of anxiety can be normal. It is when the anxiety becomes chronic or severe that brain mapping can help determine the cause.
- Poor sleep. Sleep is when we recharge and take in the events of the day for processing. Without the proper amount of sleep, out brain does not have the opportunity to rest and take in what happened that day.
- Chronic Pain Syndrome. We have a long history of helping those with chronic pain such as neuropathy, knee pain, shoulder pain and fibromyalgia. Research shows that using neurofeedback can help speed the recovery from chronic pain syndromes.
- Memory issues. Memory is one of our greatest assets. Memory problems can come from many different sources. It is important to find out if there is a neurological reason behind the symptoms.
- Burn out. Many people feel cloudy, have less energy and don’t accomplish as much as they once did.
Always remember one of my mantras., “The more you know about how your body works, the better you can take care of yourself.”
The Neurofeedback Center Of Tucson
6015 E Grant Road
Tucson, AZ 85712